- In ten years time it is estimated that up nnto 40% of the population may be food intolerant.
- That 40% will have families and friends who may not be intolerant themselves but who will none the less be looking for an eating place which will cater for the food intolerant member of the party
- Because of the risks involved for a food allergic or intolerant person in eating outside their home, they have to rely on the establishment in which they chose to eat understanding their allergy or intolerance and being able to provide them with safe food.
- If they find a restaurant or cafe that can do that they will be loyal and appreciative customers, not only returning frequently themselves but bringing friends and family.
- It is perfectly possible - indeed very easy - to plan your menus and your recipes to include dishes that will be free of major allergens.
- It is perfectly possible - and easy - to prepare and cook delicious dishes which are free of the major allergens.
- It is perfectly possible to train your staff to have a basic knowledge of food allergy and intolerance so that they are aware of the risks, the precautions needed to avoid them and the concerns of their food allergic or intolerant customers.
Is it not worth making a little effort to access 40% of the population?
- If you find out now how to prepare tasty but safe food for the growing number of people who need it, you will be way ahead of the game - and in 10 years time you will be cashing in when everyone else is only just learning how to do it!
Return to 'Contents'